Earlton - Timiskaming Regional Airport
|Operator||Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport Authority|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−05:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−04:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||800 ft / 244 m|
Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport (IATA: YXR, ICAO: CYXR) is located 1 nautical mile (1.9 km; 1.2 mi) southwest of Earlton, Ontario. The airport has a 5,998 by 150 ft (1,828 by 46 m) paved runway (08-26) oriented east–west, and a 3,019 by 150 ft (920 by 46 m) gravel/snow runway (16-34) oriented north–south.
The airport currently offers both 100LL and Jet A1 fuel. A flight school was established at the airport in 2016 and offers training and aircraft rentals for private pilots. The airport is primarily used for charter and medevac services for the surrounding region. There has been no scheduled commercial air service to the airport since 1998 with the closure of Earlton Airways and prior to that in 1996, NorOntair.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 16 July 2020 to 0901Z 10 September 2020.
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information Archived December 1, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport (YXR) - Fuel Service". www.timiskairport.com. Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- "Cleared for takeoff". Northern Ontario Business. 2017-03-10. Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- "Canadian Aviation College | Canadians". canavc.ca. Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- "Earlton Airways history from Americas, Canada". Airline History. Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- "Aircraft Photo of C-GPYD | De Havilland Canada DHC-8-102 Dash 8 | NorOntair | AirHistory.net #218590". AirHistory.net. Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- Official website
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport from Nav Canada as available.